Thursday, April 06, 2006

Non Criminals Here

We are officially "non-criminals" once again. I was able to get our police clearance letters from the military police that satisfies all the requirements of our agency and the CCAA. At first, we thought that we would have to go through the German government, which unfortunately takes weeks...sometimes months for clearance. Thanks to our lovely SPs who have access to not only criminal records for crimes on base, but to the records of military and their dependents off base as well, we were able to get the same clearance in about 5 minutes from there. Within 30 minutes, I had both letters, had them notarized, and mailed back to our adoption agency - and all for free (except postage).
Now the letters will have to be authenticated and consularized (is that even a word?) before they are sent back to the CCAA. That process takes a few weeks in itself, but is completely out of our hands. Good thing God is in charge of paperwork, because I would rush it through and mess it all up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to know that I am not a criminal. It would be kind of tought to get in trouble in Germany since I have not actually been there much. I can't wait to be back in Germany.