Friday, August 03, 2007

Two firsts today!

Hannah had two firsts today. One of them was good, and the other, well, not so good. First t he good news. Hannah learned how to use a pen at church last week. She has discovered through the influence of the other kids that you can take the pen from the back of the chair in front of you and scribble on the offering envelopes. I have raised a Hedon!

Anyway, to give her a more appropraite outlet for her artistic talents, I bought her some crayons and a coloring book. Here is her first attempt at coloring!




While taking these pictures, though, I noticed another first. Hannah has her first owie since coming home with us! Take a look at her middle finger!. Now, you would think that she would have cried or something to indicate to me that she had scraped her finger...but, alas, no. I was left to discover this after the fact and wonder just how and where she got such a thing. Poor Hannah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How dare you allow my precious granddaughter to get an "owie" :) But hey, how do those crayons work...they look as if they have clear caps on them???? Maybe crayons have changed since you were little, hum... I know that I am getting old...but...what can I say. She is adorable and I can't wait to leave Spokane to go to OK City and see you....Love Ya..Mom

PS Happy Birthday to you....your phone doesn't work again....

Anonymous said...

I am putting together a presentation on children's development of artistic ability for a group of child care providers, and would like to include Hannah's photo drawing on the coloring book. Would this be okay with you? Elaine 1/7/2008