Saturday, December 13, 2008

Squadron Christmas Party

Keith and I trade off Scout activities...so today he had the boys out selling Christmas trees at our fundraiser and I had the pleasure of taking Hannah to his new squadron's Christmas party for the kids. It was tons of fun and nice meeting the new people that he works with. Hannah had fun until some big guy in a red suit showed up. Then...

DSC01938
Hannah's first glimpse of Santa
She was not real thrilled with going to see this man. I kept her off to the side until all the other kids were finished. I made sure that she noticed that Santa was giving out candy. So...
DSC01943
Lured by the idea of candy...
She finally made it onto his lap. Now we did not discuss asking Santa for presents. I mean, we don't really do a lot of Santa at Christmas - that is not what it is about. But, Santa is a fun game to play, but anyway, I didn't tell her that Santa was going to ask what she wanted for Christmas. When he finally asked the question, she answered the one thing that she was really there for, "Candy!". He piled it on! I think she had almost as much candy then as she got at Hallowe'en!

No comments: